Can you get thyroid cancer on your thyroids bloods? it be a cyst?

hi, iv been to the the doctors due to fatigue an a lump in my neck on the left side next to my wind pipe it is smoothe an quite big. iv had blood tests done as the doc thought it could be underactive thyroid the tests came back fine i now have to go for a scan but whilst waiting for this the pain in my ears is worse an my throat is now feeling sore but not all the time an its extremely uncomfortable. My question is can you get thyroid cancer an your thyroids bloods come back fine an do you usually get ear pain with it or could my doctor be wrong an it be a cyst?
Asked On : Sun, 24 Feb 2013