Can you get bells palsy from kissing or having sex ?

can bell's palsy be transmitted through kissing or sex? my fiance was just diagnosed with bell's palsy and i'm afraid i might catch it from him.
Asked On : Tue, 27 Jul 2010
Hello Tanya, interesting query indeed from you. Bell's palsy is usually idiopathic(happens without a easily recognisable cause) although infections can sometimes lead to it. More specifically, even if by an off chance your fiance has a Facial nerve palsy secondary to a viral cause, you have to pretty unlucky to pick up the virus and also go on to get bell's palsy from it. Reassuringly, its a largely harmless condition. Good Luck and make sure you stay with your fiance without any fear.:-)

©2014 Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.