Can walls have absorbed chlorine while bleaching? Why are there molds?

We may have a small mold problem (just a few minor spots) which we tried to solve with bleach on the wall. I m now concern that we have high concentration of chlorine on the walls. we scrubbed the walls as much as possible but sometimes ( afew months afterwards) I still feel that I smell chlorine. Can it be that that bleach remained or was absorbed in the walls?
Asked On : Sat, 5 May 2012
Cardiologist 's  Response
Dear patient,

Thanks for the query. It could be that some of the chlorine was absorbed by some of the structures in the bathroom (eg. silicone pads), but it rarely causes any trouble as long as the area is kept ventilated, particularly if it has been several months since the bleach was used. All in all, bleach is still the best and most durable mold remover.

Yours truly,

Dr Brenes-Salazar MD
Mayo Clinic MN