Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Can walls have absorbed chlorine while bleaching? Why are there molds?

We may have a small mold problem (just a few minor spots) which we tried to solve with bleach on the wall. I m now concern that we have high concentration of chlorine on the walls. we scrubbed the walls as much as possible but sometimes ( afew months afterwards) I still feel that I smell chlorine. Can it be that that bleach remained or was absorbed in the walls?
Asked On : Sat, 5 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  9
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Cardiologist 's  Response
Dear patient,

Thanks for the query. It could be that some of the chlorine was absorbed by some of the structures in the bathroom (eg. silicone pads), but it rarely causes any trouble as long as the area is kept ventilated, particularly if it has been several months since the bleach was used. All in all, bleach is still the best and most durable mold remover.

Yours truly,

Dr Brenes-Salazar MD
Mayo Clinic MN
Answered: Thu, 31 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor