Can vomiting and diarrhea be the side effects of prednisone ?

Hi my 10 year old son developed a non itchy rash that started on his feet and spread to his body, went to the doctor and they prescriced prednisone, the rash went away within 2hours but he had a weird reaction and was very itchy. then 3 day later he vomited for 1 day with very bad stomach pains. he seemed to be getting better. 3 days after that he was up in the middle of night with vomitted 1 time and had diahreea 2 times, he has no fever
Asked On : Fri, 25 Feb 2011