Can valley fever grow on thyroid? Nodule on lung, have chronic pneumonia

Can valley fever ( Coccidioides ) possibly grow on the thyroid? I have a large nodule in my right lung from valley fever (they said I had about 50% lung capacity) They have been treating it but then it makes my chronic pneumonia worse. Anyways I have 2 nodules on my thyroid now, after doing the iodine test and ultrasound. I just was at my endocrinologist and he said its no big deal and didn t think it could be related to the valley fever. Two of my doctors disagree on the type of valley fever; disseminated coccidioidomycosis or chronic coccidioidomycosis. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Asked On : Sat, 20 Oct 2012