Can uncontrolled shaking after an antibiotic dose be due to allergy to the antibiotic ?

husband recovering from esophageal squamus cancer , but now in hospital for inner hematoma of gastrostomy area & skin laceration in surrounding area of the tube.. low fever and moderate to strong pain in the area... while receiving vancomycin 1000 intravenous he started shaking uncontrollably and blood pressure elevated to about 180/100... I told nurse that he had a similar reaction in emergency room night before last but I don t know what antibiotic he was receiving then.. the nurse stopped it inmediately just in case and doctor is checking the issue because ER did not write name of antibiotic in his records.... in both cases the shaking and blood pressure returned to normal after 15 to 20 minutes... can you share some light on this??
Asked On : Sun, 27 Mar 2011