Can too much pressure on the chest make ones heart stop ?

Can too much pressure on the chest make one's heart stop?
How I was sitting for almost an hour last night put enough pressure on my chest to where I couldn't take a full breath. (I wanted to see if I'd be able to handle a corset. Guess not.) After a while, I suddenly got dizzy and it felt like my heart stopped for several seconds, and that's when I stopped. But I've been worried about that ever since. I should clarify that this was last night, almost 12 hours ago, and I'm mostly worried about whether or not there's still any danger now of anything happening as a result of last night.
Asked On : Thu, 17 Dec 2009
Not as such. But a blow to the chest between beats can stop it. Compressing your chest just makes it hard for your lungs to fill to capacity or to expel carbon dioxide, which eventually builds up in your bloodstream and causes you to pass out (and eventually die, if you don't get fresh air).