Can too much potassium kill a person ?

I ask this because earlier today I started using this protein mix called Whey Protein Shake. This mix has about 210MGs of potassium and 18MGs of Protein. I used some of this after I worked out today, and I instantly felt fine. Now here it is 3:00Am about 8 hours after I had a glass. I Have just had another glass now. After drinking it I started getting a pounding feeling in my chest, which a slight dizziness followed, which now my head feels slightly heavy and I feel like I might pass out. Could this be from too much potassium? Could it actually kill me? What should I do?
Asked On : Fri, 18 Dec 2009
yupp. too much potassium can cause cardiac arrest. infact potassium is being injected in lethal injection to stop the heart from beating.but i'm not sure about oral intake of potassium. anyway just dont take too much of it.
You can die from too much potassium it will stop your heart. That is what they give prisoners when they do a lethal injection. They also inject it into animals when euthonizing them. You need to go to the hospital right away, and then stop taking your "shakes" and ask your doctor before you take any more or use anything else for health reasons.