Can the weight put on due to thyroid or hormonal changes be reduced by yoga ?

hi i m 34 ur old , unmarried girl,height 5.3 , vital stats 32-30-35. my weight is 45 kg. What would be the ideal stats for me? my arms and legs are thin but entire abdominal area is fatty now , its 30 inches around the abdomen . if this problems due to thyroid or hormonal changes, can be this cure with yoga? what can be the reason behind the same? i m doing yoga to cure this surya namaskar etc , will this improve the same?
Asked On : Sun, 21 Aug 2011