Can the roots of Chalazion be removed and is it completely curable after surgery ?

Is it possible to remove the roots leading to a chalazion instead of the chalazion itself!! Hi Everyone,I have had an incision and curretage since there was a chalazion in the upper lid of my right eye.Its nearly two weeks now and the chalazion has decreased in thickness and has expand a very little bit but it is in the same place . I feel that the surgeon had performed the surgical operation above the chalazion;maybe he eliminated its roots hence leaving the chalazion as it is to dry on its own. Is it that the surgeon has removed the roots leading to the chalazion or Can anyone have an idea why is this so?? And also how many days does a chalazion completely cured up after surgery!!!!
Asked On : Tue, 28 Jun 2011