Can the gynocologist tell if you are not a virgin?

I m a virgin, it s just my mother thinks otherwise. I use tampons, but like the big ones, i have a super bad heavy cycle. I want to Take birth control to like help me with it. But my mom thinking that i m not a virgin i doubt that will happen. im 16 years old
Asked On : Tue, 22 Dec 2009
They can't tell if you are a virgin or not. It used to be that a gyno could tell by checking to see if a girls hymen was still intact or if it was torn. However, now we know that a girl can tear her hymen playing sports, or inserting a tampon. Therefore, the gyno can 100% tell if your hymen has been torn or not, but they can not decide whether it was torn through sex or sports/tampon insertion. Hope this helps. :-)