Can tests for herpes be wrong? How can my partner be free of herpes?

The story goes that i was a virgin about a year ago and have only been with this one man. just about two to three weeks ago i got Herpes type two. but my boyfriend came out negative. he says he doesn t have it, yet i do? could the test be wrong about me? or could they be wrong about him? could he be lying? i don t understand how i could have gotten this. i have only been with this man and this man only. never have i ever cheated on him. is there any other way i could have gotten this without having sex?
Asked On : Sun, 27 May 2012