Can taking amoxicillin every 8 hrs cause itchy sore rashes on the face ?

Hi I was taking amoxicillin every 8 hrs on my 4th day I notice a rash on my face. Across my forehead , on my chin and around my jaw line. Very bumpy, itchy, and sore. There is no pus but i notice on a couple of them there are some white tips. I discontinue using the medicine and bought over the counter hydrocortisone . Can you please tell if this rash is from the medication and how long will this last. Also, how long should I use hydrocortisone on my face?
Asked On : Thu, 21 Jun 2012