Can stopping medicines for multiple sclerosis affect my health ?

Hi.39yrs,f,5 3height,205pound weight,about 10yrs ago after a severe emotional stress,i suddenly developed vision loss at rt eye,i had blurred vision ,diplopia and vertigo .on visual evoked potential showed demyelination of rt optic nerve and i received a pulse of methylprednisolon with diagnosis of optic neuritis .(10days and 1g qd).MRI wasn;t diagnostic for multiple sclerosis .I was well except for major depression (sertraline 150qd) till about 2yrs later.I developed again blurred vision and diplopia and at this time i received a 3days pulse of corton Rx.MRI showed multiple small plaques but not surely M.S. SO i refused to start AVONEX injection and quit my prescriptions.I was better till about 4yrs ago when after an emotional stress I DEVELOPED blurred vision again and at this time after 7days corton Rx i decided to inject AVONEX.I was injecting AVONEX weekly for about 1.5yr with many side effects as flu like SX ,weakness,drowsiness and finally rise in liver enzymes(ALT 120,AST 116) after that I decided to have a baby so I QUIT all medications and became pregnant.I had no problem during my pregnancy .MY baby was healthy and fullterm and now He is 8mo. NOW I have this question, would you please tell me about my future of my illness and I has quitted all medications for more than 18 months and i decided to complete breast feeding for 2months.Is it dangrous for me? Is is possible that without any emotional stress and also any medication I could have a normal life? WITH GREAT THANKS
Asked On : Wed, 17 Aug 2011