Can someone go for work after having stress test of heart blockage ?

On Friday, and I am worried, need some advice on this..His doctors tell him he has some blockage and now they are doing the iv stress test, when I called to find out what time he is to go in for his apt, he wants to go into work after the test is done, I asked the receptionist if he was allowed to go to work that day she said NO . I know he is going to wanna go to work and I am worried about him... Anyone eles had this done and how were you after the test ? I am going with him for the testing but I am scared this will bring on a heart attack .
Asked On : Fri, 18 Dec 2009
If his doctor or the nurse says for him not to return to work that day, then he should follow their advise. If a large enough blockage is found, they will pretty much set up a surgery date pretty quickly. My dad had this test done, they found 3 blockages at that time, and admitted him into the hospital. It was a few days later before he had the surgery (bypass), but they kept him in the hospital up until the surgery, because of the risk of a heartache (from the blockage), and kept him on monitors and etc... He ended up with 5 blockages, once they got in there, they had to do 5 bypasses.. he did wonderfully, and its been over a year now, and he feels better now than he did before, BUT he didn't even realize he felt bad before, because the blockage took place over time.. now that he had the bypass, he realizes how much better he feels now.. Anyways, if i can help in anyway, feel free to write me.. ~