Can smoking weed earitate my raynaudes ?

I have raynuades and it hurt my feet when i smoked just a little weed. is weed not go to use if you have raynuades syndrome.
Asked On : Wed, 16 Mar 2011

Welcome to HealthcareMagic.

Weed has cannabis in it.Factors like smoking , worsen the symptoms of raynaud`s disease.Even caffeine can worsen it.

Chemically cannabinol relaxes the blood vessels. But if you have smoked it along with tobacco , tobacco can cause vessel contraction.

It is advisable for you to avoid smoking weed .

General & Family Physician Dr. Mohammed Tauseef's  Response
Hi, Welcome to Healthcare Magic Forum.
Raynaud's Syndrome is a condition that causes some areas of your body such as your fingers, toes, tip of your nose and your ears to feel numb and cool in response to cold temperatures or stress. In Raynaud's disease, smaller arteries that supply blood to your skin narrow, limiting blood circulation to affected areas. Weed is a Vasoconstrictor, therefore it is a strict no no in your case as it will worsen your condition.