Can smoking during pregnancy lead to development of learning disability in children ?

My son is 16 months and I think he has a learning disability I read to him and I also talk to him and when he points to things I tell him what it is but he don t say many words the doctors keep telling me to keep reading to him and talking to him I have done this sence he was 6 months old so I don t know what else should I do? I also was told cause I smoked while I was pregnant that could be the reason he s not catching on to things is that true?
Asked On : Thu, 3 Mar 2011