Can smoke lead to dizziness, nausea? Can it be carbon monoxide poisoning, heart attack or asthma attack?

The blower motor on my husbands car began burning and melting as we were driving in it today, about 2.5 hours ago. His side of his window doesnt roll down , but , we did pull over and I had to get out , as the smoke was filling up in the car, even with my window down, and I could barely tolerate the smell and smoke even having my head out of my own window. My husband decided we d drive to the nearest gas station, (About 2 miles away ) and again, the car filled with toxic , awful smelling fumes and smoke...I kept my head out , gasping for fresh air, though I could barely tolerate even that my husband was directly in the fumes and smoke, breathing it in, with his window up. After we disconnected the blower motor (it took almost 45 minutes just for it to cool down, we drove the rest of the way home, and he went off to work. He called me from work about 15 mins ago, asking me if I felt sick. I m not. He said he s shaky, nauseous, jittery, dizzy, and just feels weird all together. (He mentioned feeling like he had to vomit ). I m trying to get some answers online as to whether or not he has some kind of carbon monoxide poisoning , or if the toxic fumes are wreaking havoc in his blood , and perhaps his organs his organs...slowly. I m concerned about a potential heart attack , or an asthma attack. (He had been diagnosed with having asthma years ago, but he doesn t see a doctor regularly for it, and we aren t even sure he truly has it. Another important piece of information: My husband donated one of his kidneys to his brother approximately 3 or 4 months ago. Please help asap. He s at work now, and for him to call me with a health concern regarding himself is very very rare. So, he must really be feeling odd. Maybe you can call me?) 608-235-5991 Thank you very much for this opportunity to ask you. As I await an answer, I ll call poison control.
Asked On : Sat, 29 Sep 2012