Can regestrone tablets treat ovarian cysts and irregular periods ? What are the harmful effects of ovarian cysts ?

i am 19 years of age and have irregular periodsi had consulted a gynaecologist and getting my ultrasound done it was found that a cyst in my right ovaryI took regestrone tablets for 2 months suggested by the doctor but till now there is no developmentIs there any serious problem My sister 19 years of age and have irregular periods,i had consulted a gynaecologist and getting my ultrasound done it was found that a cyst in my right ovary,She took regestrone tablets for 2 months suggested by the doctor but till now there is no development.Is there any serious problem?
Asked On : Wed, 6 Apr 2011