Can people with high blood pressure jump rope as exercise?

can people with high blood pressure jump rope as exercise?
Asked On : Fri, 28 May 2010
it is better to avoid strenuous exercises. Do only mild exercises which does not invove too much stress to the body. Try calming exercises preferably like yoga.
Continue your medications and go for a regular follow up and investigations ti keep your levels under normal conditions. I hope i have answered your query. Take care
General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Hello.Welcome to HCM forum.If you are young,your BP is controlled,you don't have heart enlargement,you don't have any history of ANGINA or MI then you can do rope skipping.Make sure that your heart rate never goes beyond 75% of your MAXIMAL HEART RATE (MHR) and that too for not more than 15 minutes.MHR is 220 minus your age.Thanks and good luck.
if u r a patient of high blood pressure or low blood pressure never go 4 those exercise which increases ur respiration rate, always go 4 light exercises.
Gastroenterologist Dr. Gourdas Choudhuri's  Response
Hi, Jumping rope is a vigorous exercise and should not be undertaken by a person with high blood pressure straight on. It would however depend on how young/old you are, how high your BP is and whether you are intending to jump ropes as a part of a graded aerobic exercise programme to reduce weight or build up your cardio-respiratory reserve.
Treadmill or spot walking or spot jogging might be easier forms of cardio-vascular exercises to start with. If your BP and weight has come down to normal and you want to maintain yourself with the skipping at home, one can take a call later. Take care. GC
no, the person having high blood pressure should not do this excercise .........
  Anonymous's Response
if your BP control with ur maintenance medicne u can do skipping rope