Can ovarian cysts lead to infertility ?

Hello Doctor! We are a marrier couple for last 15 months and have been trying for a child for last 5 -6 months seriously. Last month my wife had severe pain during the periods and also had some lumpy blod clots coming out. We seen a doctor who suggested some test and she detected a small cyst . Also suggested some medicines along with Lupigest 200 which was asked to be put through her Vagina . We follwed the same and have also had intercourse during the time span suggested by the doctor. My wife last month cycle was on 16.01.2012 (january) and was due around 14 - 16 th of this month (February 2012) but she did not had the period. We thought it could be a good news for us. As we planned to see a doctor this week, just today 29.02.2012 the period started. I am shattered to hear the same and dont know what is causing this. can you please advise? Thanks.
Asked On : Sat, 3 Mar 2012
Hi there.

I have read and understood your problem. It appears that your wife is suffering from heavy bleeding with irregular periods as well which can explain why she did not have her period on time as before.

The Lupigest is a hormone which should regularize her cycles in a few weeks so that her cycles will be back to normal and may attempt to get pregnant again. Do not lose hope and be distraught. There are many causes for the heavy bleeding, some of which are due to hormonal disturbances in which case Lupigest should be of adequate benefit. Once the cycles are regular again, her Doctor will encourage both of you to conceive again.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries.