Can one take levisam instead of epilive ?

GOOD MORNING FROM DELHI, INDIA, MY MOTHER AGING AROUND 76 YEARS IS REGULARLY TAKING LEVISAM 3 TIMES A DAY FROM THE LAST 8 MONTHS. DR CHANGED LAST MONTH TO EPILIVE 500MG. BUT AT PRESENT THE SAME IS NOT READILY AVAILABLE IN DELHI. CAN WE GO BACK TO LEVISAM 500 OR THE SALT COMPOSITION CHANGED AND IT WILL AFFECT PL REPLY REGARDS.
Asked On : Tue, 3 Apr 2012
Hello

Both tablets contain Levetiracetam and she can take whichever is available. Probably you can also choose which one to buy based on the price.Whats important is not to miss any doses.

Hope this helps!
General & Family Physician Dr. Pradeep G Naik's  Response
Dear rajkumarnakra, welcome to hcm.
if you are finding it difficult to find the tablet in a certain place, I would suggest you that U insist or request from the nearest chemist/pharmacist to get the same and make an advance payment sayin that you would dedicatedly take the medicine from there itself and would continue taking henceforth also. They should be able to get you the tablet from their distributor in a day or two maximum and help you out in this regard.
thank you:-)
GOOD MORNING, DEAR FRIEND LET ME TELL U BOTH THE BRAND NAMES HAVE SAME MOLECULE CALLED Levetiracetam, SO U CAN USE ANY ONE OF THE TWO BRANDS WHICH IS EASILY AVAILABLE TO U.EITHER LEVISAM OR EPILIVE.