Can non veg food be taken after 1 week of chicken pox ?

hi, i m having chicken pox for a i m feeling better...can i take non veg food??? i m 21 boy.
Asked On : Sun, 6 Mar 2011
one week is a good time for CP to be better. you make eat whatever you want if you are feeling fine. just avoid too much spicy and rich food for a couple of days til you are completely over CP.
Homeopath Dr. Krupali Devkar's  Response
yes dear, u can eat non veg food, but till a weeks time, avoid outside food as a precaution, since after viral infections , our immunity is hampered.
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Ram Mani Bhandari's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic
Actually for chicken pox Easily digestible foods are preferred. Fruit and vegetable juice proves beneficial. Lemon juice, thrice a day is an effective remedy. An oatmeal bath is effective in relieving itch. Acidic foods are declined from the diet and Soup of carrot and coriander is useful. Honey is effective in eliminating the itch and irritation. Tea made with basil, lemon balm and chamomile is beneficial.
I suggest not taking non veg food soon
Hi, Welcome to Healthcaremagic!
Chicken pox (varicella) is a viral infection; in children this is basically mild disease but in an adult like at your age, varicella is serious illness, lasts for longer duration & may result in systemic involvement like pneumonia (viral pneumonitis), Cerebritis, encephalitis, hepatic (liver infection), secondary bacterial infection, etc., & rarely death due to these also. You can of course take non-veg or veg food but please get yourself checked by a dermatologist as well as a physician. You may require a course of anti-viral drugs, with other medications for proper treatment.