Can my iron being high harm my menstrual cycle if I don t get it down ?

Hi, I am a 34 Yr old white female. I just got my blood work back and it says my ferritin serum is 236. My doctor told me I needed to have blood taken out. I havnt had a regular menstrual cycle in like 15 yrs. He said that had something to do with my iron being high, but my cousin, a nurse said the doctor she works with said my menstrual cycle has nothing to do with my iron being high. Which is correct. Would I have to get blood taken out forever? Can my iron being high harm me if I don t get it down? Also, I am diabetic. But my sugar level went from 8.3 to 7.1 in 3 1/2-4 months
Asked On : Thu, 7 Apr 2011