Can meprate help to delay periods ?

My age is 27, I have my leg surgery on 15th April and my periods were due on 10th April but as of now I don t have my periods yet so now i want to delay my periods.Since i am in some other country (china) so i cant consult a doctor due to communication barrier. I am carrying meprate with me. Can meprate help if i will start taking it tomm i.e on 12th April 2011.Its urgent Please help.
Asked On : Mon, 11 Apr 2011
Hi there
Meprate can delay periods but it needs to be started a few days before the expected date of the period and carried on till you want to get your periods.After stopping it,you should get your periods within a week or so.However,im sure sure if you can delay your periods since the expected date has already passed.You can definitely give it a shot though, 10mg twice a day till after your surgery.Whether it will work or not,is not confirmed.