Can marvelon help me to avoid pregnancy ?

I had un protected sex and used 2 marvelon tablets 4 hours later and another 2 six hours later. This was the first time i used contraceptive pills as an emergency pill. Will this help to avoid me being pregnanat?
Asked On : Sun, 24 Apr 2011

Marvelon is an oral contraceptive pill which is to be taken regularly for at least one month before it will give protection against pregnancy. It will not give protection against pregnancy if used only after unprotected sexual intercourse.

Marvelon will not help to avoid pregnancy in your case.

You need a prescription for an emergency contraceptive pill which needs to be taken within 72 hours of unprotected sexual intercourse. Do consult your doctor for the same.