Can malfunction of strata valve shunt in brain cause dizziness, flushes and vomiting ?

Hello Dr. Grief, My name is AAAAAA and I am a 46 year old woman. I believe I just have the flu , but I am going on 4 days now. I have Hydrocephalus with a strata valve shunt on the right side of my brain. I have been watching closely as I know if there is any malfunction with the shunt I could very well have these symptoms. I do not have a headache or tenderness in the area I just have dizziness , hot and cold flashes, body aches, the runs and have vomited the first few days, but seem to be holding my own today on that subject. I am drinking plenty of fluids, over 68 ozs a day. I feel extremely weak. If you have any suggestions for me I would greatly appreciate it! Have a great day and thank you for your time, Tammy
Asked On : Wed, 20 Jun 2012