Can lack of concentration be related to chemo brain which is there for a long time?

I have lost my job on December 31, 2013, because I was not able to preform my job as well as needed. I have just found out that I have what is called Chemo Brain and I am having trouble concentrating on things I cant remember a tak after it is given to me. I have been doing this kind of work all my working life. I am6yrs out from my cancer treatments. I went to my onocologist about this matter she said she did not beleive it was chemo brain it had been to long. But she is sending me to a Neurologist. What do you think about my situation.
Asked On : Mon, 13 Jan 2014
Neurologist 's  Response
Nov 2013

Thank you for posting your query.

Yes, I agree with your doctor that your current symptoms may not be related to chemo brain. This is because such a long time has elapsed after your chemotherapy and the onset of neurological symptoms.

You need to see a neurologist and undergo a detailed evaluation. MRI of brain and serum vitamin B12 level should be checked.

You would get better with treatment.

I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information.

Wishing you good health,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology)
Senior Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, India
Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar
My BLOG: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.in

©2014 Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.