Can kidney disease be cured during pregnancy?

Asked On : Sat, 5 Mar 2011
Welcome To Health Care Magic,

You have not mentioned what kind of kidney disease.
Most of the medicine are restricted during pregnancy and if the disease is severe pregnancy might also be restricted.
I would suggest you to visit your gynaecologist and get help at the earliest.
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
hi,thanks for query.The lady with kidney disease is will have tough time during pregnancy and in most of the cases the disease will worson due to pregnancy.Any other minor kindey problem like infection or stone disease etc.can be treated and cured during pregnancy.The answer can be on case to case basis.
wishing you good health.
Nephrologist Dr. Avinash Ignatius's  Response
Some autoimmune disease may subside temporarily during pregnancy, but will very likely worsen further after delivery. But if there is associated hypertension, or renal failure the likely hood of these worsening during pregnancy is high. There is an increased risk to the foetus also. The management has to individualised on case to case basis, as mentioned earlier.