Can irregular periods, sore breasts and light spotting be the symptoms of menopause ?

Hello, I am a 49 year old female. I have been having irregular periods for about 1 year. Last year i had my fsh drawn 21.9 and i think my LH was about 22. Last aug i had a light period that lasted 2 weeks and every since my periods have been normal in length but occurring every 2-3 months. My last normal period was in June and them on Aug 2 i started with very light spotting (some pink and brown) none on pad just a scant amt when i wipe and this continues(on day 5) My breasts and nipples have been very sore for bout 2 weeks and i have some light/mild cramping on tne right side. I thought it was my normal period but it has never developed. Is this something i should be concerned with? Can i watch it for a couple of weeks and see if it stops?? I did have a normal pap in June. My last ultrasound was 2 years go--normal. I also had a pelvic/ abdominal CT without contrast( allergic ) because of accident in July . It was read as normal. Would it show anything without the contrast??? Thanks so much!!
Asked On : Sat, 6 Aug 2011