Can i use sprintec 28 as an emergency contraceptive?

i missed my pill yesterday and had unprotected sex last night. Im on sprintec 28 can i use that as an emergency contraceptive?
Asked On : Fri, 20 May 2011
Welcome to health care magic
     sprintec 28 is a contraceptive pill not an emergency contraceptive pills. by forgetting one pill ,you can take two pills next day.I don` think you need emergency contraceptive pills.
‘Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries, “Wish you Good Health and speedy recovery”

General & Family Physician Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware's  Response
welcome to HealthcareMagic
Sprintec 28 is a oestrogen+progesterone combination and a regular daily contraceptive.It is in no way an emergency contraceptive so it is not to be used.If you want to use a emergency contraceptive get it prescribed by consulting a doctor and if you are sexually active and do it often then it will be better to take sprintec 28 as a daily contraceptive to avoid pregnancy.