Can i take primolut to stop my period?

this is the third day of my period,it meant to be 3 days but sometimes i flow on 4th and 5th day. can i take primolut n to get dry tomorrow
Asked On : Mon, 26 Jul 2010
Thanks for query,
Primolut n or any medicine will not work so fast.
2-3 days require to work for reducing flow.
Ok and bye.
General & Family Physician Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware's  Response
Hello ebonny;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
There is no reason you specified as why you need to take Primolut-N to stop the period.If there is any real reason you can take Primolut-N but then in that case you will have to take the tablets continuously till the expected date of next periods.If you stop the pills after taking it for 3-5 days then you will again get bleeding which will be withdrawal bleeding due to Primolut-N.So without any valid reason you should not take any hormonal tablet to stop the periods early.