Can i take pentocid for acidity regularly ?

I am 50 years old. Have acidity from a long time. Is regular intake of pentocid is OK.
Asked On : Sun, 3 Apr 2011
Pentocid should be taken after appropriate investigations are done by your physician and biopsy and urease test done to rule out H.pylori involvement, in which case your physician will prescribe a short antibiotic course for eradication of H.pylori along with Pentocid. Usually the Pentocid is prescribed for short term usually from 4 to 8 weeks depending on the severity of the condition as assessed on endoscopy. Hope this clarifies. Regards.