Can i take medicine for allergy during pregnancy ?

I am 49yrs old and I am pregnant . I am healthy with no medical problems just indoor and outdoor allergies. Can I still take my allergy medicine.
Asked On : Wed, 13 Apr 2011
Dear thanks for query.Some of allergy medicines are safe and some of them are not.Please consult your doctor with medicines to see whether they are safe or not.take care.
General & Family Physician Dr. Mohammed Tauseef's  Response
Hi Patricia, Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.
Kindly let me know which Anti-Allergy medicine are you taking.

Keep me Posted.

Good Luck.
OBGYN Dr. Rakhi Tayal's  Response
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic forum.
The medicines meant for allergy- antiallergics can be taken during the pregnancy safely but be sure that you are not taking any steroids to suppress the allergy.You can take tablets like cetrizine or levocetrizine once daily which are safest for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal