Can i take a birth control pill. Had my tubes tied

I HAD MY TUBES TIED 7 YEARS AGO I WANT TO STOP MY PERIOD OR EVEN TWICE A YEAR IS OK CAN I TAKE A BIRTH CONTROL PILL
Asked On : Thu, 10 Feb 2011
Hello.
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.
Taking birth control pills continuously is not a solution to stop periods. Be careful after your periods will stop your signs of aging will start developing. Still if you insist, get your uterus removed surgically.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
thanks for choosing health care majic.There is hormone cycle in the body of female which regulates the period and rest of the body functions.The ovaries produce female hormones upto the age of menopause after that the periods stop naturally.This is natural regulation.Just for the shake of convenience you should not taking any drugs and disturb the routine.occasionally this is acceptable otherwise you will other problems related to this.So avoid such kind of medication.