Can i stop taking medicine for high BP after getting cured?

If once you start taking high blood pressure medicine that is it compulsory to take whole life or can be stopped
Asked On : Mon, 21 Mar 2011
  Anonymous's Response
please let me know if there is any drug toxicity due to Azithromycin as I am already taking Valparin Chrono 300 mg & Oxetol 150 mg
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Ram Mani Bhandari's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic
Mordern chemical medicine has greater chance of dependency of drugs for whole life for maintainig the BP. I suggest you taking Herbal Ayuvedic medicine which cure the cause of BP from root and lesser chance of recurrence and heal the disease from their root
Consult your nearest ayurvedic doctor for details
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
Dear Swapnil,thanks for choosing health care magic.Dear there 2 types of hypertension,one is primary when there is known cause of hypertension,another one is essential hypertension where there is no known cause.So when you know the cause and your treated the blood pressure medication can be stopped.But when you do not know the cause ,what we are doing is just controlling the blood pressure with medicines,so you can stop medicines in later case other wise your blood pressure will rise again,so be contact with your doctor and take medicines as take care.
any allopathy medicine if taken for more than 6 months, the body gets addicted to it and you will not be able to stop abruptly. It will result into withdrawal symptoms. Check for more help. Get a 2D Echo with Color Doppler test done to find out your heart’s pumping capacity. You do not need a doctor’s prescription to do the 2D Echo. You can start taking wrudved an ayurvedic capsule side by side and after some time you have to taper down the allopathy. You will be able to stop it after few months.
Welcome to Healthcare Magic Forum.
Once started, BP medicines cant be stopped.It can even lead to rebound hypertension in some cases that means worsening your condition even more i hope the diagnosis was correct in the first place and medicines are in the right form , dosage, route and frequency. You can always contact me for any help.
Hello Swapnali and welcome to HealthcareMagic forum!
With regards to your problem, I would like to ask you a few questions, how old are you; how long have you been on BP medicines and do you have any other problems like diabetes or heart disease? What medicines are you taking for your BP control? BP tablets can be taken depending on extent to which your BP is being maintained near the normal range; so you should reduce or increase the drug dosage all by yourself. Generally, if the BP values are being maintained at a normal range for a very long period of time, then the medication can be reduced to minimum or stopped ONLY IF your treating physician says so after a detailed examination.
Regards and best wishes.