Can i have viagra while taking medicine for high BP ?

hi sir i am age of 27 i have an high BP taking medicine Amlovas 5mg,can i take vigra lowest dose,my BP 110/80.
Asked On : Mon, 26 Sep 2011
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi well come to HCM
As such with HBP viagra is not advisable. And also your age is not demanding it as at
this age normal arousal sustainabilty can be established by some other means like
fore play or some literature reding or films etc.There are all the chances viagra can
raise your BP. Thanks
Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases Dr. Hema Yadav's  Response
Hello kumar
Welcome to HCM
Amlovas is an antihypertensive agent and viagra too can cause hypotension as a side ffect.you haven't mentioned your cause of high Bp, whether systemic or renal.
Though it can be taken if your Bp is normal as there are no drug interaction between the two it is advisable to consult your doctor for assessment of your cardiovascular status before taking viagra .
Thank you