Can i have a root canal surgery during pregnancy?

Im having a root canal procedure on the 6th december? its a front bottom tooth wich has been broken for some years , but about a year ago a lump apeared and i have a pimple like spot wich most days need s poping to get the pus out and relieve the pain ... im realy realy scared and nervous about this surgery as i think the tooths infected so its going to hurt ive heard , got any ideas what i can do ? im also pregnant so cant take things that are strong
Asked On : Tue, 23 Nov 2010
Dentist 's  Response
I think Root Canal Treatment is the most logical thing to do in this case.nce the canal is debrided properly the pus formation will stop and the apical are will heal.
I dont think any strong drugs will be prescribed during the treatment which are contraindicated in pregnancy.A noram antibiotic like amoxycillin will be sufficient if required which is considered safe during pregnancy.