Can i give clamp kid forte and crocin for fever to my son ?

dr. my son was suffering from fever because of throat infection igave hom clamp kid forte and crocin tablet it is right
Asked On : Sat, 25 Jun 2011
well ! self medication should never be done as these can at times be hazardous .u should have instead tried gargles & simple analgesics . drugs can at times can cause serious reactions for lifetime so beware .. & above all can cause drug resistance for future
General & Family Physician Dr. Pushpa Nidadavolu's  Response
Hi Priya,

Fever and sore throat in the early stages is due to viral infections in most kids. Crocin, cold sponging and sufficient liquids should control the fever. If it does not reduce, visit Pediatrician to check for any bacterial infection. Antibiotics like clamp kid forte should be used under the supervision of a pediatrician and in the right dosage.

General Surgeon Dr. Swapnendu Sekhar Ghosh's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic
throt infection in child should be taken seriously and treated prperly
better consult paediatrician and get your baby checked up and tests done as advised
proper antibiotics in proper doses should be used to eradicate infection
recuurent throat infection in child some times give rise to serious complication like rheumatic fever with its effects on heart
the medicine you have used may be effective but take consultation