Can i ask a doctor about ulcerative colitis ?

im the father of a 12 years girl with ulcerative colitis and I want to talk about my case
Asked On : Tue, 15 Mar 2011
Welcome To Health Care Magic,
Ulcerative colitis is the chronic inflammation of the large intestine.Ulcers and inflammation of the inner lining of the colon leads to the symptoms of -abdominal pain,dirrahoea and rectal bleeding.
The cause of ulcerative colitis is unknown but it may be due to the abnormal activation of the immune system in the intestines.
Both medications and surgery are used in the treatment.Surgery is for the people with severe inflammation and life threatning complications.
Diet suggestions include-eat small amount of food throughout the day, drink small amount of water throughout day, avoid fatty ,greasy and fried food, limit milk products.
U have not mentioned wheter the symptoms are less or severe.mild symptoms are easily controlled by anti inflammatory drugs.apart from this you can take homoeopathic treatment .
Pediatrician Dr. Aseem's  Response
Welcome to HCM
Read your prob, ulcerative colitis is autoimmune diease, affact the colon ,symptoms are bleeding per rectum, abdominal pain, ulceration. you should takae immunosuppersant drugs for it like steroid n other. there is no complete cure of this diease by allopatic treatment. so you should take ayurvedic treatment along with alllopathic. you should avoid spicy , fatty diet n high protine diet. you should take fiber riched diet. take plenty of liquid. this trial helps in subsiding its symptomes.
OBGYN Dr. Rakhi Tayal's  Response
Ulcerative colitis in a child usually presents with frequent bowel disturbances, alternating constipation and diarrhea, vomiting, distension, etc.
The disease modifying drugs and symptomatic management is usually the best way to treat till the acute episode resolves.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal