Can histology and cytology not detect cancer in my mother who is coughing a lot ?

Hello, once I posted my question about my mother, She is coughing since January, Her X ray film and CT is the same, she has one shades on lung hilum and also shades like beans allover the lungs. She was told to have a cancer but histology and cytology didn t prove it, analysis showed up some kind of reactive cells, staphylococcus and streptococcus . She took antibiotics but she still coughs.Is that possible for histology and cytology not to discover any cancer cells in liquid taken out from bronchials. Now we are going to do a thoraxoscopy (I don t know if i spell right) and the biopsy finally to find out what is happening with her. I want to add that she has and she had no fever, productive cough, just now started a shortness of breath on physical exertion. what is happening with my mother. Thank U very much. I m expecting for your reply... KEti
Asked On : Fri, 15 Apr 2011