Can heavy bleeding with sever pain be due to a miscarriage ?

I havent had my period since Jan 4,2011. As of last night I started getting severe pain. I woke up this morning bleeding a lot. Now I m not bleeding as much but the pain is getting worse...
Asked On : Wed, 30 Mar 2011
welcome to HealthcareMagic
If you have not had periods since 4th Jan2011 then i guess by this time you should have been able to see abdomen distended due to pregnancy.You have also not mentioned whether you did a pregnancy test any time with in this period.Now the pain and bleeding may be either due to as you suspect misscarriage or even because the periods are coming after long time.To differentiate you can do a pregnancy test and if that is positive then it can be a misscarriage and if not the reason is some thing else.Better option is to consult a Gynaec immediately or visit a hospital/ER for examination and treatment.