Can gastric problems lead to pimples having pus ?

hi i am a 30 yr old person.i have gastric problem and i think due to this pimples occour on my face which contains pus .
Asked On : Wed, 29 Feb 2012
Gastroenterologist, Surgical 's  Response
Pimples are not related to a gastric problem. pimples are due to a hormonal cause. The treatment of pimples is

1. avoid oily foods

2.drink plenty of water

3.avoid sweet items

4.plenty of fiber and fresh fruits.

5.use of non oily soap to clean the face.

6.avoid rupturing the pimples.

7 consume bananas and cucumbers as these are natural antacids.
General & Family Physician Dr. Puneeth. M's  Response

Welcome to

I dont think there is any relation between your gastric problem and pimples.Pimples can present in various stages,in seborrheac(scaly red skin),comedones(blackheads and whiteheads),papules(pinheads),pustules(pimples),nodules(large papules) and possibly scarring.

Isotretinoin 0.05% gel application on pustular acne once in night before sleep and an expert dermatology opinion will help.

Avoid coffee,tea,spicy foods and antacids will help in relieving the symtoms of gastritis.

Thanks for using our service.

Wish u a good health.

Dermatologist Dr. Pradeep kumari's  Response
GIT upsets can commonly and easily lead to aggaravation of already occuring pimples.
please consult a dermatologist in your city; in the meantime you can follow these measures.
1. Apply D'acne cream/ faceclin gel twice a day on pus filled pimples.
2. wash with cetaphil face wash.
3. You might need to take some antibiotic to subside the pimples fast like Azithromycin/ doxycycline etc dose and duration for which you can discuss with your dermatologist
4. You can also consider retinoids; in consultation with your dermatologist; As it's not a good idea to self medicate or take them without supervision of your doctor