Can exposure to mice, rats and hamsters mask the presence of hCG in tests ?

is exposure to mice, rats and hamsters going to mask HCG from tests Hi, I read a post on this website, about a woman who was having pregnancy symptoms but had negative HPT s and 3 negative blood tests. Someone answered and said that if you have had previous exposure to mice, rats, or hamsters their antibodies will be in your system and will mask or interfere with getting a positive test result on the pregnancy tests . I am wondering if this has happened to anyone else? My husband and I had pet mice last year, we got rid of them and went straight to guniea pigs. Which are from the same family as hamsters.
Asked On : Mon, 13 Jun 2011
Hi Hallie, Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.
It is a Serious Misconception. Kindly don't believe in such Rumors. Exposure to mice, rats or any other mammal will not have any effect on the Human Hormones including HCG.
To increase the chances of conception have alternate day Unprotected sex between the 10th and 20th day of your Cycle. Eat healthy nutritious balanced diet which should include fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables and maintain a Healthy weight. To test for Pregnancy wait for a week after you miss your Expected periods and then test using a Early morning Urine sample.

Good Luck, Take Care.