Can exercise and weight loss help in overcoming liver disease ?

yes and thank you, two weeks ago after Ultra sound and blood tests the Doctor here in Thailand came bacfk with the diagnosis of AAAAAAA liver disease . I am grossly overweight and have started weight loss and excercise. A fibroscan (not USDA approved) showed a slight tendancy toward chirosis. Is this a death sentence? Can excercise and weight loss put this thing at bay before it is full blown liver failure . Is this a long time if it does progresses?
Asked On : Tue, 7 Feb 2012
Jan 2013
HELLO & WELCOME TO HCM FORUM

AS YOU ARE OVERWEIGHT, THERE IS HIGH RISK OF NASH

NASH IS PRECEEDED BY NON ALCOHOLIC FATTY LIVER DISEASE (NAFLD), THIS CONDITION IS PREVENTABLE AND REVERSIBLE AND THATS WHY MOST OF THE OBESE PERSON HAS BEEN ADVISED OF WEIGHT REDUCTION.

BUT SOMETIMES DUE TO GENETIC REASONS AND IN MAJORITY OF CASES BECAUSE OF NEGLIGENCE REGARDING EXERCISE AND DIET CONTROL,NAFLD IS IGNORED AND MAY LEAD TO NASH

THIS CONDITION IS PRIOR TO CIRRHOSIS

LIVER IS HIGHLY TOLREABLE ORGAN OF OUR BODY. UPTO 90% DAMAGE OF LIVER, PATIENTS GENERALLY DOESN'T FEEL ANY SYMPTOMS.

SO IF YOU ARE NOW GOING FROM NASH TO CIRRHOSIS, ITS REALLY ALARMING .I AM VERY SURE THAT YOU ARE PRESENTLY ASYMPTOMATIC.

CIRRHOSIS IS NOT LIKE A DEATH SENTENCE. IF YOU KNOW ALL COMPLICATION AND THEIR MANAGEMENT THEN YOU CAN LIVE A WONDERFUL NORMAL LIFE

GIVING ALL DETAILS TO MY PATIENT,I HAVE SAVED LIFE OF DYING PATIENT LOT OF TIME.

FEW COMPLICATION OF CIRRHOSIS ARE:

1) HEPATIC ENCEPHALOPATHY
2) JAUNDICE (INCREASING YELLOWNESS OF SCLERA OF EYES)
3) BLOOD IN VOMIT
4) RESPIRATORY DIFFICULTY (HEPATO- PULMONARY SYNDROME)
5) ABDOMINAL PAIN
6) ASCITES
7) SPONTANEOUS BACTERIAL PERITONITIS
8) HEPATORENAL SYNDROME
9) BLOOD IN LATRINE, BLACK LATRINE (MELENA)
10) INCREASED YELLOWNEES OF URINE

SLIGHT CHANGE OF TREATMENT MAY SAVE ANY BODY LIFE SUFFERING FROM CIRRHOSIS.

YOU HAVE TO TAKE ECAH & EVERYTHING AND KEEP NORMAL DIET.

NO PRECAUTION IS REQUIRED TILL YOU ARE NOT DEVELOPING ASCITES AND PEDAL EDEMA

YOU MUST HAVE TO TAKE TURMERIC. THERE IS NO CORELATION BETWEEN TURMERIC AND LIVER DISEASE.

THERE IS NO NEED OF REPEATED USG AND LIVER FUNCTION TEST. SAVE YOUR MONEY AS TREATMENT MAY BE COSTLY ONCE YOU DEVELOP COMPLICATIONS.

YES WEIGHT REDUCTION AND EXERCISE WILL DEFINITELY GIVE YOU BENEFIT.

YOU ARE SUFFERING FROM HEPATITIS AND ANY TYPE OF HEPATITIS IS REVERSIBLE.

LAST AUGUST 2010 I HAVE SAVED LIFE OF ALCOHOLIC HEPATITIS PATIENT WHEN ALL DOCTORS WITHDRAW THEIR HANDS SO DONT GET DISAPPOINT.

YES IF YOU ARE NOT CONCEREN YOUR OVERWEIGHT CONDITION THEN THIS CONDITION WILL PROGRESS AND ULTIMATELY CIRRHOSIS WILL OCCUR

KEEP WEIGHT REDUCTION EXERCISE

IN CASE OF ANY HELP, YOU CAN CONTACT ME ON MY MOBILE NO.

TAKE CARE & GET WELL SOON

DR.MAYANK BHARGAVA