Can excitement cause stuttering? Is it related to hypertension?

Hi, This evening my dad suddently got excited from a good news at home and started speaking stuttering . Basically i noticed that his mouth was getting twisted and he was unable to speak. He said he didn t feel that he was talking like that. He is a high blood pressure / hypertension patient and we immediately gave him medicine and he was back to normal in 2-3 minutes. he is sleeping fine now.can you please advise on the next steps. Thank you very much in advance.
Asked On : Fri, 28 Sep 2012