Can epilepsy tablets cause swelling in legs ?

Can the usage of Eptoin and Gardinal 60mg lead to Swelling in legs.... Age:59 years Weight: 90 Kg Height: 5 9\
Asked On : Wed, 22 Jun 2011
Hi.. Since how long have u been using these drugs? do u take any other medicines? Eptoin and gardenal per se do not cause leg swelling. It could be due to variety of other reasons.. When was the last time u got a general check up done? My advise is get a check on heart and kidney functions. Do find out when is the swelling most? IN the morning as soon as u get up from bed or in the evening?

Hi Smriti,
Thanks a lot for quick response, This is for my Father-inLaw, and he has been using these drugs since almost 35 years as he had Fitz problem. Recently he started facing swelling and Reddishness in both legs after consulting with many doctors and getting these many tests done still improvement is not much
All the tests include ECG, ECO, X-ray, Doppler test, ANA[By IF], LIPID, Plasma homocysteine levels, LFT, Blood UREA, CREAT, URINALYSIS, URINARY MICROIALBUMIN, SERUM PROTEIN, ALBUMIN,GLUBULIN,A:G RATION, TSH Free T4, Anticardiolipin antibodies,IgM,IgG. Hisyopathalogy report.
Neurologist Dr. Shiva Kumar R's  Response
Thanks a lot for using healthcaremagic. Per se Eptoin and Gardenal does not cause swelling and redness in the legs. Consult a dermatologist to see if dermatitis or drug reaction possibility.

Dr. Shiva Kumar R
Consultant Neurologist & Epileptologist