Can duphaston be the real cause of bloating, weight gain, water retention and swollen tummy?

hello, My husband and i have been trying to conceive for two years but with no luck. both of us are very healthy and our infertility is unexplained. 2 months ago, we have decided we would go for the iui . Unfortunately, our first iui attempt has failed. I have gone through my second one on 12/04/2012. Ofcourse, i used to to take clomid 50 gm and took 6 injections so far. After the iui procedure, i did not experience any severe or negative side effects. However, 5 days later i started to experience some bloating and abdominal pain and a day later i have encountered some pink bleeding spots that actually stopped the next day! my doctor has prescribed me duphaston two tablets a day! she told me that in case there is a baby, duphaston will keep it safe. However, after i started taking duphaston, my bloating became so severe and my tummy became so swollen and i gained 4 kgs! i look like a 6months old pregnant well, i am unable to walk or move properly due to the severe pain and swelling. I noticed that iam drinking alot of water and the water is not going out of my body. when i went to check with my doctor, she told me that i am experiencing over stimulation symptoms due to the hormonal injections that i used to take. as well, i am experiencing water retention for the first time. She showed me some big black spots in my ovaries and told me that they will go back to normal gradually. I am so concerned and i thought i would take a second opinion..could the bleeding be a sign of pregnancy? and what shall i do to get rid of the bloating and the swollen tummy? how can i get rid of water retenetion? Can duphaston be the real cause of bloating, weight gain, water retention and swollen tummy? thank you
Asked On : Wed, 25 Apr 2012