Can controlling the timely nature calls be a reason for uncomfortable bowel movements ?

Hi for the past say,six months I ve been having really(I know disgusting) hard and big bowel movements; it has gotten to the point to where i m scared of going to use the bathroom,it really hurts; ok, so I ve also noticed that I kinda ignore mother nature when she tells me to go number 2, most of the times I hold it in until it really urges me to go! Can this be the reason why my bowel movements hurt so badly?
Asked On : Wed, 20 Jul 2011
Yes,your thought is correct.If you go through Ayurvedic theories, disturbence in our body physiology is also due to holding the natural urges(gases,micturition,sneezing,hunger,thirst,sleep etc.)as in your case.
That is why u have now problem of hard bowel movements.
There are other factors also, like improper dietary habits,less water intake, eating more dry foods,absence of exercise.
Not to worry much for this,because if u start treatment in time & change your life style the condition will improve.
Take Panchakarma Basti(similar to enema process) treatment by proper consultation.
There are useful medications for oral dose.
Take enough sleep.
Have enough water intake.
Increase amount of home made ghee in diet,also take a spoonful of it with warm milk before sleeping everyday.
chewing dry black grapes is a good remedy .
Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases Dr. Hema Yadav's  Response
Welcome to Hcm.

Hard painful bowel movts can b due to less intake of water n fibre in diet n yes delaying defecation may also contribute.u r prone to develop piles n fissures in ur anus if u strain a lot. Use syp looze 20 ml at night for few days.if pain persists visit a doctor preferably gen surgeon.