Can contraceptive pill cause miscarriage and vaginal bleeding ?

please help i need to no if im having a miscarriage hi doctor im a 23 year old fiance and i were having sex and the condom split i took the morning after pill within a few hours of this happening...when my period came it was very light (my periods are always really heavy) but lasted the normal 5 nearly two weeks since my period stopped i have vaginal bleeding and stomac pains and my lower back is sore also have a really sore head and feel sick and very weak and the bleeding seems to be getting heavier....i play gealic football which can be a rough sport. i had a match yesterday morning and the bleeding and stomac pains started last night is it possibe that the morning after pill didnt work and i could be pregnant or having a miscarrige.... please help as i dont want to tell my fiance inless there is something to worry about
Asked On : Tue, 22 Mar 2011
Welcome to Healthcaremagic Forum

You can do a urine pregnancy test, if its a miscarriage, it will be positive.
SOmetimes after the pill, there is irregular, heavy flow, with nausea etc.
Morning after pill is to be taken within 72 hrs, and its pretty effective.

If there is excess bleeding and symptoms are getting worse, you can visit a gynaecologist/ER.

For further quires -